Father Kevin's Homilies
January 24, 2021
Who is ordinary? Who is extraordinary? What is it really that elevates us from the one to the other?
Dear Holy Angels. To limit the spread of Covid-19, we are working remotely from home, but we are here for you over the phone, email, and social media. Today, more than ever, your church needs your financial help. Please click "Online Giving" to donate.
Online Sunday Mass, January 24, 2021, at 11:00 a.m. Third Sunday in Ordinary Time
In-Car Holy Communion Line Sunday 8:30 to 9:30 AM
"In-Car" Holy Communion Procession
Sunday Outdoor Mass at 2:00 p.m.
- Arrive 15 minutes before Mass to accommodate the check-in process. No admittance after 2:00 pm.
- Important Notice: If you are sick or symptomatic (fever, new cough, fatigue, etc.), or you have been in contact with someone who tested positive, who is sick or symptomatic in the last 2 weeks, please remain at home.
- We ask all attendees to wash their hands for 20 seconds with soap and warm water before leaving home.
- We will provide sanitizer for your hands when you enter the gate.
- Each individual, ages 2 and up, will be required to wear a face mask. You must wear your face mask for the entire time that you are on Holy Angels campus and during the entire Mass. (The mask must cover your nose and mouth.)
- Physical distance must be respected at all times. Everyone must follow the ushers’ directions and keep a minimum 6 feet of physical distance at all times.
- The collection basket will be at the entrance gate for your donation.
- You will be directed to your chair by an usher – you must sit where you are directed. You may not choose your own seat.
- Ushers will direct you at Communion time.
- Communion will be administered at the end of Mass with your masks in place.
- You will approach the Minister with your mask in place – hold your hands in front of you to receive the Body of Christ. Then you will move 6 feet to the side (in the marked spot), consume the host, and exit the area to return to your car. You will not return to your chair.
- Communion will ONLY be given in the hand.
- There will be no congregating or socializing after the Mass. People are to go directly to their cars and return home.
- No restroom facilities will be open at this time.
The Archdiocese following the protocols of medical authorities has given us the guidelines above that we must follow for the health and safety of others.
We encourage anyone in a vulnerable population, including those with chronic health conditions, to come to the In-Car Communion Procession on Sunday morning and to watch a televised or Livestream Mass from the safety of their homes.
The dispensation to attend Sunday Mass continues until further notice.
Confessions - The Sacrament of Reconciliation
A Special Christmas Message from Holy Angels
A Prayer for Christmas
O, Divine Child, as we celebrate Your wondrous birth, we ask You to watch over us in these difficult times of sickness and death.
Be near to all who are suffering in the pandemic; be near to the families of the sick, the grieving families, those who care for the sick, nurses, doctors, first responders and others who risk their lives each day.
Comfort the dying and lead them safely home to the eternal Bethlehem.
In this holy season help us to be selfless as You are selfless, to put others' safety and welfare above our own desires; teach us that sometimes the way to show true, unselfish love is to stay apart from one another, as difficult as that may be.
May Your holy Mother, who cradled You in her arms that first Christmas night, cradle us too, lift us up, and hold us close to You.
Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels
The following liturgies will be streamed live from the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels:
Click on the video screen below to view the current stream, or scroll down for additional viewing options through our social media platforms.
Pray for our Deceased Members
We pray for our beloved deceased parishioners, family, and friends.
- Elvira Sanchez
- Guadalupe Alvarez, mother of Maria Morales
- Helene Bassler, sister of Mary Willett
- Robert Quihauis
- Pedro Sanchez
- Loras Steger
- Margaret Dyrek, mother of Jeff Dyrek
- Mark Tanaka
- Ilona Mikk
- Richard Frausto
- Clara Fay
- Fernando Robles
- Carmen Dolorito
May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of Christ, rest in peace.
"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints." - Psalm 116:15
- 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. In-Car Communion Service (No Mass, only Communion)
- 11:00 a.m. Mass Livestream on our Home Page
- 2:00 p.m. Outdoor Mass on School Grounds
No in-door Mass until further notice.
from 3:30pm until 4:30pm