Online Mass at 11:00 AM Second Sunday of Easter - April 11, 2021
Father Kevin's Homilies
Believe the Unbelievable
April 11, 2021
None of us wishes to believe the unbelievable. We are too adult for that. Perhaps that is exactly the problem.
Dear Holy Angels. To limit the spread of Covid-19, we are working remotely from home, but we are here for you over the phone, email, and social media. Today, more than ever, your church needs your financial help. Please click "Online Giving" to donate.
PRAYER IN TIME OF PANDEMIC
By Fr. Kevin Rettig
O, God of Love, you care for us.
Through difficult times you walk with us,
through impossible times you carry us.
In this new time of struggle and pain,
open our eyes to the love around us,
to the kindness of friend and stranger alike,
to the daily gifts you surprise us with.
Open our hearts to the world inside,
the world around,
the world above;
make of us a mirror of your love.
Let every tear we see, every cry we hear
be a personal call to reach beyond ourselves,
to feel the pain in the heart of the other,
to disregard all distances and differences
and recognize only the sister, the brother in need.
In the sick and the dying, the lonely, the grieving,
the depressed and the desperate, the fearful, the hurting,
those suddenly not working
and those suddenly working too much,
may we see our own face, and in it find yours.
Show your presence through our presence;
smile with our lips,
love with our hearts;
reach out your helping hand by inspiring us to open ours.
Give strength to those who strengthen others,
courage to those who calm the fearful,
comfort to those whose gentle spirit
consoles the inconsolable while breaking under the weight of unshed tears.
Bestow wisdom on those who seek to protect from harm,
and on those laboring tirelessly to find a cure.
Enlighten those who choose to deny
the reality of the danger
or the reality of your love,
those who put their own perceived loss of "rights" or "freedoms"
ahead of the rights of others to live,
those who cannot see beyond the inconvenience of a mask
because they cannot see beyond themselves.
May carelessness give way to caring,
self-centeredness to self-sacrifice,
darkness to the light that only you can give.
Move our hearts to absorb the lessons, the wakeup call
wrapped in the package of pandemic:
absent the distractions we thought so vital,
help us rediscover the essentials we had long forgotten;
absent the buildings of brick and stone, help us build temples of spirit and persons;
absent the great manmade indoors, show us the greater God-made outdoors;
absent the parties, let us rediscover the connections;
absent the noise, let us finally hear your voice;
absent the crowds, let us discover ourselves.
And when we emerge from this plague, as emerge we shall,
may we not hurry back to what we have moved beyond,
nor forget the connection, the vision, the recovery of the forgotten,
the gift of growth you have hidden in the pain;
But may we look at the world and look at ourselves
in the new light you have given,
feel the renewed bond with each sister and brother,
and know intensely the Love that is you!
In-Car Holy Communion Line Sunday 8:30 to 9:30 AM
"In-Car" Holy Communion Procession
Sunday Outdoor Mass at 2:00 p.m.
- Arrive 15 minutes before Mass to accommodate the check-in process. No admittance after 2:00 pm.
- Important Notice: If you are sick or symptomatic (fever, new cough, fatigue, etc.), or you have been in contact with someone who tested positive, who is sick or symptomatic in the last 2 weeks, please remain at home.
- We ask all attendees to wash their hands for 20 seconds with soap and warm water before leaving home.
- We will provide sanitizer for your hands when you enter the gate.
- Each individual, ages 2 and up, will be required to wear a face mask. You must wear your face mask for the entire time that you are on Holy Angels campus and during the entire Mass. (The mask must cover your nose and mouth.)
- Physical distance must be respected at all times. Everyone must follow the ushers’ directions and keep a minimum 6 feet of physical distance at all times.
- The collection basket will be at the entrance gate for your donation.
- You will be directed to your chair by an usher – you must sit where you are directed. You may not choose your own seat.
- Ushers will direct you at Communion time.
- Communion will be administered at the end of Mass with your masks in place.
- You will approach the Minister with your mask in place – hold your hands in front of you to receive the Body of Christ. Then you will move 6 feet to the side (in the marked spot), consume the host, and exit the area to return to your car. You will not return to your chair.
- Communion will ONLY be given in the hand.
- There will be no congregating or socializing after the Mass. People are to go directly to their cars and return home.
- No restroom facilities will be open at this time.
The Archdiocese following the protocols of medical authorities has given us the guidelines above that we must follow for the health and safety of others.
We encourage anyone in a vulnerable population, including those with chronic health conditions, to come to the In-Car Communion Procession on Sunday morning and to watch a televised or Livestream Mass from the safety of their homes.
The dispensation to attend Sunday Mass continues until further notice.
Confessions - The Sacrament of Reconciliation
Pray for our Deceased Members
We pray for our beloved deceased parishioners, family, and friends.
- Robert Kladifko
- David A. Payne
- Diana Paradis
- Lourdes DePala
- Craig Allen Short
- Akiko L. Horiuchi
- Paul Briggs
- Portia Zuzow
May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of Christ, rest in peace.
"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints." - Psalm 116:15
Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels
The following liturgies will be streamed live from the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels:
Click on the video screen below to view the current stream, or scroll down for additional viewing options through our social media platforms.
Vatican - Livestream
Remotely by Phone 626-447-1671
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Parish Office email: [email protected]
- 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. In-Car Communion Service (No Mass, only Communion)
- 11:00 a.m. Mass Livestream on our Home Page
- 2:00 p.m. Outdoor Mass on School Pavement
No in-door Mass until further notice.
from 3:30pm until 4:30pm