Additional Fiesta Sponsors
It is a blessing; we now have additional sponsors:
The Crane Family
Holy Angels Filipino Ministry of Arcadia
The Zeutzius Family
The Orona Family
Eric W. Bell
The Rosario Family
The Vidrio Family
You are welcome to be a sponsor for the future of our parish and school. Thank you, everyone, for your support and generosity. Go to our website to learn more about how you can become a sponsor, https://www.holyangelsarcadia.org/FiestaSponsor.
Thank You for Sponsoring Our Future - Holy Angels Fiesta
Thank you to all our Fiesta sponsors for Sponsoring Our Future. As you know, this weekend would be our Fiesta weekend. The roller coasters would be going, the Ferris wheel, all the delicious food, the games would all be going. Alas, though, the pandemic came in between. However, we have had a non-fiesta, an extremely successful Fiesta weekend, thanks to our wonderful sponsors. You are sponsoring this year, not an event, but rather, you are sponsoring our future. Thank you so much for this. I want to read off for you the names of the sponsors we have received so far. It is still not too late if anyone else would like to join in. The response has been truly beyond all expectations. This is one of the most successful fiestas we have ever had at Holy Angels, without even one ride.
$5,000 OFFICIAL FIESTA SPONSOR
- In Loving Memory of Benny and Paula Joseph
- Senator Bob Margett
- McKernan Family
$1,000 PLATINUM SPONSOR
- Donald Ash
- Victor and Kathy Bruno & Family
- Dr. Ken & Michele Canzoneri
- The Crane Family
- Jerry and Carol Farrugia
- Ferris Family
- Suzanne and Roger Johnson
- Mike & Barbara Kaiser
- Gary and Julie Kim
- Charlie and Caren Manese
- Robert and Carol Miller
$500 GOLD SPONSOR
- Ann & Tony Armenio
- Jack Cahill
- Ciranna Family
- Patty and Bob Dion
- Sharon and Dirk L. Hudson
- Jacqueline, Benjamin, Lauren and Madeline Joseph
- The Magluyan Family
- The McKim Family
- Fritz and Angie Miller Family
- Len and Elma Flores
- The Kirland Family
- The Moscarets
- Teresa Navarro
- Suzi and Jim Noyes
- Bruce Renfrew, Architect, 626 447-5226
- Future for our Children - Reyes Family
- Terry Schreiner
- Paul Schulte
- Peter and Adele Skibba
- The Squire Family
- Colleen Thomsen
- Pat & Grace Valentino
- Pat and Sue Wickhem
- Mary Willett 12 x 12= 144
- Chun Yang
$250 GREEN SPONSOR
- Dan Alexander Family
- Eric W. Bell
- David and Wendy Boschetto
- S.W. Cable www.swcablerailings.com
- Chambers Family
- The Chrisney Family
- The Cieadlo Family
- Cuento Pediatrics, Inc.
- Jim and Rita Curtis
- ACLS/BLS/PALS www.aclsblspals.net
- In Memory of Don Coppi - Tony & Ginny Delgatto Family
- Reid & Barbara Delphey
- Doerning Family
- Mrs. Narcisa “Nanay” Domingo
- Eveleen Dunne
- Elliott Family
- James and Mary Ann Felton
- George and Barbara Garcia
- Gassner Family
- Kathleen Giangregorio
- zachgodfrey.com (Zach Godfrey, Realtor)
- Holy Angels Filipino Ministry of Arcadia
- Barbara and Kathleen Ionescu
- Deacon Michael & Terry Jaurequi
- Joseph and Teresa Luk
- The Orona Family
- Pedro and Margarita Ortiz
- Richard and Katie Martinez
- Pidoux Family
- Responsive Property Management/ The Rizzi Family
- The Rosario Family
- Arun Santhosh & Family
- The Sayers Family
- David Scarminach/Sarah Chan Dilbeck Real Estate
- The Rick Seeker Family
- The Vidrio Family
- The Winstanley Family. Erik, Cathy, Erika ('11), Alexis ('12)
- Geri Wintercorn
- Assunta and Charlie Wong
- Mary Wu
- Shanghui Xie
- Gina & David Yang
- Paulette Yao
- The Zeutzius Family
- The Zoccoli Family
- Holy Angels Boy Scout Troop #104
Father Kevin's Homilies
October 18, 2020
Each of us bears inscriptions. What is it that we would like inscribed upon ourselves?
Dear Holy Angels. To limit the spread of Covid-19, we are working remotely from home, but we are here for you over the phone, email, and social media. Today, more than ever, your church needs your financial help. Please click "Online Giving" to donate.
In-Car Holy Communion Procession Sunday 8:30 to 9:30 AM
"In-Car" Holy Communion Procession
Outdoor Mass, Sunday, October 25th at 6:15 p.m.
- We ask all attendees to wash their hands for 20 seconds with soap and warm water before leaving home.
- We will provide sanitizer for your hands when you enter the gate.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before Mass to accommodate the check-in process. No admittance after 6:15 pm.
- Each individual, ages 2 and up, will be required to wear a face mask. You must wear your face mask for the entire time that you are on Holy Angels campus and during the entire Mass. (The mask must cover your nose and mouth.)
- Physical distance must be respected at all times. Everyone must follow the ushers’ directions and keep a minimum 6 feet of physical distance at all times.
- The collection basket will be at the entrance gate for your donation.
- You will be directed to your chair by an usher – you must sit where you are directed. You may not choose your own seat.
- Ushers will direct you at Communion time.
- Communion will be administered at the end of Mass with your masks in place.
- You will approach the Minister with your mask in place – hold your hands in front of you to receive the Body of Christ. Then you will move 6 feet to the side (in the marked spot), consume the host, and exit the area to return to your car. You will not return to your chair.
- Communion will ONLY be given in the hand.
- There will be no congregating or socializing after the Mass. People are to go directly to their cars and return home.
- No restroom facilities will be open at this time.
The Archdiocese following the protocols of medical authorities has given us the guidelines above that we must follow for the health and safety of others.
We encourage anyone in a vulnerable population, including those with chronic health conditions, to come to the In-Car Communion Procession on Sunday morning and to watch a televised or Livestream Mass from the safety of their homes.
The dispensation to attend Sunday Mass continues until further notice.
Livestream Mass, Sunday, October 18, 2020 | XXIX Sunday in Ordinary Time
Special Thanks and Goodbye to our Music Director, Jerry Jaco!
We are sad to announce that our Director of Music, Jerry Jaco, is retiring at the end of this month. He had been planning this for a long time, but the pandemic forced him to change his plans and delay his retirement until now.
For over 33 years, Jerry has played the piano and organ at Sunday Mass, Lenten Masses, and services, Easter, Christmas Masses, special feast days, weddings, funerals, and most recently, during our Livestream Sunday Mass. He led the 9 am Mass choir and worked closely with the other musicians and choirs. Jerry was the soloist at numerous Masses throughout the years. He was also very involved in the process of choosing our beautiful new organ. And that is just his work on the parish side! During all that time, Jerry was also on the faculty of Holy Angels School as a music teacher and then as a computer teacher. He has been an integral part of the Holy Angels family and we will miss him very much.
A virtuoso on both the piano and the organ, Jerry has made both of our fine instruments truly sing! Every time we hear a piece of beautiful music, we will think of him. With every hymn we sing, we will remember him. And of course, he will always be in our prayers.
Jerry will be relocating to Seattle, Washington to join his two daughters and their families. He will be taking on a new role of doting Grandpa!
Thank you, Jerry, and God bless you!
Due to the Covid restrictions, we are unable to meet in person to thank Jerry, and he has been very insistent that no farewell be held for him. However, if you would like to send Jerry a note of thanks and farewell, please drop it off at the rectory office or mail it to the church:
Mr. Jerry Jaco
Holy Angels Church
370 Campus Drive
Arcadia CA 91007
We wish him well as he begins this exciting new chapter of his life.
Confessions - The Sacrament of Reconciliation
Religious Education and Confirmation Registration
Elementary Religious Education (Grades 1-5) classes will be done virtually through Zoom through at least February 2021. The registration link is below. The registration form can be filled out online and will be sent directly to the Religious Education office. Families will receive specific information about each class in early September. We are looking forward to a wonderful year of growing in faith!
The registration for Elementary Classes 2020-2021 is now closed. Please contact the religious education office for more information. You can email the office at [email protected]
THE REGISTRATION FOR CONFIRMATION CLASSES 2020-2021 IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE CONTACT THE RELIGIOUS EDUCATION OFFICE FOR MORE INFORMATION. You can email the office at [email protected]
Confirmation Year 1 and Year 2 classes will be done virtually through Zoom through January 2021.
Middle School (Grades 6-8) will not be meeting this year.
Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels
The following liturgies will be streamed live from the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels:
8:00 AM (English)
7:00 AM (Spanish)
10:00 AM (English)
Click on the video screen below to view the current stream, or scroll down for additional viewing options through our social media platforms.
Pray for our Deceased Members
We pray for our beloved deceased parishioners, family, and friends.
- Edward Parisi
- Alice Godfrey
- Michael Woodard
- Cecile Witt
- Hélène Blanc
- Margaret Lawson
May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of Christ, rest in peace.
"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints." - Psalm 116:15
- 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. In-Car Communion Service (No Mass, only Communion)
- 11:00 a.m. Mass Livestream on our Home Page
- 6:15 p.m. Outdoor Mass on School Grounds
No in-door Mass until further notice.
from 3:30pm until 4:30pm